[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: TaskInstance.setActorId(String) causes set TaskInstance

Octomac do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 12 15:07:47 EDT 2008

Thanks for your responses so far, Salaboy.

The reason I elected to use a single "dummy" ActorID instead of a group of pooled actors is that this will be a long-running application, and people come and go from different departments often enough that maintaining a list of available pooled actors for each task will be difficult.  For instance, if persons A, B, and C are all in the list of pooled actors for a task X, they would all see X in their list of available tasks.  However, if person D joins the group before X is taken by either A, B, or C, he will not see that task as available, because he is not in the list of pooled actors available for task X.  D would only be able to see available tasks that were created after he'd been added to the system.  It was considered less maintenance to simply have a single user ID, such as "Accounting" or "Provisioning" to represent groups of people, and then tell JBPM to fetch all tasks with those ActorIDs as available tasks for people in those groups.

This much seems to be working correctly, but I am still experiencing the two problems from my first post.  For one, whenever I reassign a task, it is canceled.  For two, my changes are not shown in the user interface until I redeploy the application, even though those same changes are shown in the database; JBPM continues to use old data.

Thanks for the help so far, and if you have any other suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4157794#4157794

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4157794