[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - MySQL strange hostname problem

michaelchan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 12 19:11:34 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I am trying to configure jBoss Portal 2.6.5 sp1 to use MySQL db,

I have copied over the portal-mysql5-ds.xml and mysql-ds.xml and edit db username and password accordingly. However, it seems that some strange hostname was appended by jboss when deploying the portal. I get the following error (repeatedly).

Caused by: org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Access denied for user 'jbossportal'@'1777777777767777767540 database 'jbossportal')

Anyone encountered the same problem before?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4157833#4157833

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4157833