[jboss-user] [Remoting] - EJB3.0 Slower when using Jboss Serialization

sebastiendeg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 13 12:04:18 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I'm developing and EJB3.0 application, using remote Call from client (java SE).

When I switch the EJB 3 Invoker to use Jboss Serialization, it seems to be slower. (about 200ms  for a remote call that takes 150ms with default config).

I only update the jboss-service.xml file located in /server/default/deploy/ejb3.deployer/META-INF

Here is the config of my invoker  ::

  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector"
  |           name="jboss.remoting:type=Connector,name=DefaultEjb3Connector,handler=ejb3">
  |       <depends>jboss.aop:service=AspectDeployer</depends>
  |       <attribute name="InvokerLocator">socket://${jboss.bind.address}:3873/?serializationtype=jboss</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="Configuration">
  |          <handlers>
  |             <handler subsystem="AOP">org.jboss.aspects.remoting.AOPRemotingInvocationHandler</handler>
  |          </handlers>
  |       </attribute>
  |    </mbean>

Tks.