[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Portal-Cluster: REPL_ASYNC vs. REPL_SYNC

IronMan77 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 13 17:47:30 EDT 2008

Although the logout has been fixed in 2.6.5-sp1 (i can confirm that!) it's no viable option for us. As we were already in a production environment there are to many changes in my opinion (many services have been renamed for example) to use it.

As a follow up to the portlet preferences problem:

We currently working to a solution with a hardare loadbalancer, but with sticky sessions - no HTTP-Session replication and no SSO. Only the configuration is clustered with a shared db.

I can reproduce the issues without the load balancer if i adress the cluster nodes direct. Example: Three nodes (node-1, node-2, node-3).

Say i configure a (new!) portlet instance via the admin portlet on node-1 and add it to a (new) window on a existing page.

Log in to node-2 or being already logged in on node-3 (it doesn't seem to matter) the content of the PortletPreferences for the new instance from the JBossRenderRequest are NOT populated right - the "fall back" (mostly - not every time) to the standard values from the portlet.xml. They are ALWAYS(!) correct in node-1 and on all nodes(!) within the admin-portlet.

I have spent some time debugging the issue - it seems that the InstanceDefintion is not popluated correct from the TreeCache. The InstanceDefinition should contain a value like "local_51" but it contains a value like "./portletname-local" or something. I have given up at this point , we are now working with the ASYNC setting.

Kind regards,
Stephan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4158095#4158095

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4158095