[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Specifying the schema for EJBTimerService's TIMERS database

jonathanztaub do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jun 15 20:41:12 EDT 2008

I'm trying to configure all of JBoss' related services database table to reside in their own schema (jboss). The database with the name of "jboss" was created and I was able to change successfully all of the JMS' configuration files to refer to this schema when performing create/insert/delete/select operations. This was easily accomplished by adding the schema name followed by a dot before the table's name.

However, for the EJBTimerService, it doesn't seem to work:

  |   <!--
  |     A persistence policy that persists timers to a database.
  |
  |     The 2 supported db persistence plugins are:
  |       org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.GeneralPurposeDatabasePersistencePlugin
  |       org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.OracleDatabasePersistencePlugin
  |
  |     The table name defaults to "TIMERS". It can be overriden using the
  |     'TimersTable' attribute if the persistence plugin supports it.
  |     When overriding the timers table, an optional schema can be specified
  |     using the syntax [schema.]table
  |   -->
  |   <mbean code="org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.DatabasePersistencePolicy" name="jboss.ejb:service=EJBTimerService,persistencePolicy=database">
  |     <!-- DataSourceBinding ObjectName -->
  |     <depends optional-attribute-name="DataSource">jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=MySqlDs</depends>
  |     <!-- The plugin that handles database persistence -->
  |     <attribute name="DatabasePersistencePlugin">org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.GeneralPurposeDatabasePersistencePlugin</attribute>
  |     <!-- The timers table name -->
  |     <attribute name="TimersTable">jboss.TIMERS</attribute>
  |   </mbean>

Upon startup, I'm getting:

  | 17:39:46,459 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service jboss.ejb:service=EJBTimerService,persistencePolicy=database
  | com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Incorrect table name 'jboss'

Any ideas?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4158236#4158236

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4158236