[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Help With RARDeployment Errors

maverick18 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 17 05:13:42 EDT 2008

Sorry for the delay in replying but I was sent away on some training.

yup ! you were right. The -ds.xml did not have the classes in scope to load the con-factories. I should have thought of it before. I subsequently tried the following two approaches and they both worked,
1) Included the -ds.xml as part of the ear and also deployed it as a service in the jboss-app.xml file (as you mentioned)
2> Included the -ds.xml at the root of the ear

However both of the solutions have a problem in the sense that it is harder to change the configuration.Now is that going to be a limitation if we want to acheive the logging integration or is there a solution for that ?

I also read this article,
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/JBossClassLoadingUseCases?action=e&windowstate=normal&mode=view, which kind of opened my eyes :o)

Since you had a hand in the making the doc, could you be kind enough to clarify a basic doubt I have ?

In case3:
The UCL's parent, HierarchicalLoaderRepository3$NoParentClassLoader, overrides loadClass() to always throw a ClassNotFoundException, thus forcing the UCL to only load from its URLs.
This ensures that the deployment is always scoped

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4158635#4158635

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4158635