[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Bug Highlights in JBoss Tools 2.1.1.GA

bbeloff do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 17 08:48:08 EDT 2008

"rob.stryker at jboss.com" wrote : anonymous wrote : The reason why I take this route is that - from experience - if I take the Server > Add or Remove Projects route, I don't get automatic redeployments.  Another bug. Sigh.

  | This is a WTP issue and something we have no control over sadly.

I think I figured out what was going on here.

When I start up Eclipse and immediately start my server from the Servers view, the deployment screws up.  This probably has nothing to do with the WTP ...

The work-around is - before starting the server - to go to the Project Archives pane.  At this point I get the message about "Please select an opened project or resource."  Once I've done this, the archives are re-synchronised, and the server deployment will work OK.

My question is, why the f*&^ do I have to tell the archive system which archives I'm interested in?  Surely it already knows?  Can't it sort this out itself on start-up?

Cheers,

Bruno.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4158680#4158680

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4158680