[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - jconsole problem with JDK1.6

drwschneider do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 17 09:49:12 EDT 2008

I'm running JBoss 4.2.2.GA (just the standard distribution, no other applications deployed) with Sun JDK1.6.0_10.
The platform MBean server is enabled with

JAVA_OPTS="-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false"
  | JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Djboss.platform.mbeanserver -Djavax.management.builder.initial=org.jboss.system.server.jmx.MBeanServerBuilderImpl"

in the run.conf file in the bin directory., as described in the Wiki.

JConsole does show the JBoss MBeans in the console's MBean Tab, but all other Tabs (Memory, Threads, ..etc) are greyed out and unavailable.
When I use the JBoss MBean server, removing the jboss.platform.mbeanserver option, those tabs are available, but of course the JBoss MBeans are not shown.

JRockit1.6 shows the same behaviour.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4158704#4158704

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4158704