[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Incremental Archive deployment without WTP in 2.1.0.GA

cpopetz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 17 15:18:03 EDT 2008

That's great to hear.  I've just downloaded the latest nightly, and will give it a try.

Here's a question.  I see two ways of approaching deploying sub-deployment archives with these tools.  One would be to have the war project have a .war archive in "Project Archives," the ejb jars have their own archives, etc.  The other way is to have my ear project package up everything from other projects, as I described in my original post.

I'm wondering which is preferred, or maybe, which is simply more tested and less likely to have bugs :)

The case of having each project handle its own archive makes sense in terms of clarity, but since each sub-deployment archive .package entry has to know the directory of the ear archive to publish _to_, there's still a dependence there.  And I'm worried about splitting them all up for fear of triggering bugs.  For example, if different sub-deployment projects are simultaneously incrementally publishing their contents during a build to jboss, will jboss survive, or will I get incomplete deployments?

On the other hand, in the "one project with archives to rule them all" approach, if changes are made to files in the war project, and the ear project has an archive that references those files, will incremental deployment of the ear/war happen even if the ear project has no project dependency (in the build path) on the war project?

Thanks for any advice.  And thanks again for providing a way to avoid using WTP, which has singed my eyebrows too many times to believe "really, in this next release the tools are stable and usable."

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4158805#4158805

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4158805