[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Best practice for managing connections in JMS Publishers

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 18 10:37:49 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : I read on the Wiki that the JCA-managed connection factory caches connections, so is it ok to simply open and close a connection for each message ?

It is okay if you use JmsXA which is the JCA adapter for JMS, but if you use a regular JMS Connection if you open/close your connection on every send you will have serious performance problems.

I don't know any links.. (besides what you would find with a google search on wiki.jboss.org). But this caching thing is pretty much what I can think now as a best practice on Connections.

I believe you will find a FAQ on JBM about Spring, as it produces messages by closing and opening a JMS connection on every send.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159009#4159009

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159009