[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EJB Annotation Not Injecting (@EJB)

repkin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 19 08:27:37 EDT 2008

Hi,
I wanted the ejb references have been injected by container. When I use context.lookup, it is working. This is my code:

But if I use @EJB annotation I am taking null pointer exception.

  | package com.atosorigin.jdbc;
  |
  | import javax.ejb.EJB;
  | import javax.naming.Context;
  | import javax.naming.InitialContext;
  | import javax.persistence.EntityManager;
  | import javax.persistence.PersistenceContext;
  |
  | import com.atosorigin.utils.pojo.PrStaff;
  | import com.atosorigin.utils.pojo.PrStaffHome;
  | import com.atosorigin.utils.pojo.PrStaffLocalInterface;
  |
  | public class DBSecurity {
  |     @EJB
  |     PrStaffLocalInterface prStaff;
  |
  |     public boolean checkUserPassword(String username, String password) throws Exception {
  |     	/*Context context = new InitialContext();
  |     	PrStaffLocalInterface prstaff = (PrStaffLocalInterface)context.lookup("surgeonfish/PrStaffHome/local");
  |     	prstaff.findById(new Integer(username));*/
  |
  |     	prStaff.findById(new Integer(username));
  |
  | 	return false;
  |     }
  | }
  |

  | //I HAVE USED ALL OF THIS POSSIBILITIES BY ONE BY
  |

  | @EJB(mappedName="surgeonfish/PrStaffHome/local")
  | PrStaffLocalInterface prStaff;
  |
  | @EJB(beanName="surgeonfish/PrStaffHome/local")
  | PrStaffLocalInterface prStaff;
  |
  | @EJB(name="surgeonfish/PrStaffHome/local")
  | PrStaffLocalInterface prStaff;
  |
  | @EJB(name="PrStaffHome")
  | PrStaffLocalInterface prStaff;
  |
  | @EJB(name="PrStaffHome/local")
  | PrStaffLocalInterface prStaff;
  |
  | @EJB(mappedName="PrStaffHome/local")
  | PrStaffLocalInterface prStaff;
  |
  | @EJB(beanName="PrStaffHome/local")
  | PrStaffLocalInterface prStaff;
  |
  | @EJB(beanName="PrStaffHome")
  | PrStaffLocalInterface prStaff;

Where am I missing? Thanks for your helps.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159251#4159251

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159251