[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: I got some performance problem while sending a lot of me

gary.c.chen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 20 05:36:48 EDT 2008

Afterward we setted up another test, this time we setted the  parameter to ten minutes,
and we setted the FullSize parameter, PageSize parameter, DownCacheSize parameter of the queue to be tested
to 3355444, 10000, and 10000, and the messages we sended in this test were all NON_PERSISTENT messages, so this
time all the messages that sended to the queue were all stored in the memory. We also checked that the
persistent database had never been writed or readed.

In this test case we saw that messages send rate was very fast, almost equaled to it's
target send rate, but the messages received by the consumer were so a little, almost equaled to 1/10
of the messages sended to the queue, so the mesages been buffered in the queue while receiving message
 were several hundred thousand or several million. And along with the send rate to be increased the buffered number
 was increased, so the time to complete the receving job increased too. And the most important point was that the
 receive rate was so poor, almost equaled to 1/10 of it's send rate per parallel test.

 Why the messages receive rate so poor?
 Does the queue must scan some of (or all) the message handles (or something like that) while a consumer receive a message
 because of the message selector mechanism ?
 Does the queue will copy all the message handles or synchronize all the message handles before it do this scan
 , so the message receiving time of one message receiving trip will increase along with the messages buffered
 in the queue increased ?
 Does message receive rate is computed like this :
 all messages received / message job spended time ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159505#4159505

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159505