[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - FailOver and Session Stickness Behaviour

eduardo_thp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 20 13:18:43 EDT 2008

Hi, I´ve some doubts about how the server should behave in case of a failover, and also check if there´s any configuration to change this behaviour.

My environment:
2 jboss 4.0.5 servers, (jvmRoute="tomcat1" and jvmRoute="tomcat2", useJK=true)
1 apache 2.2.8 + mod_jk 1.2.26 for load balancing

Session Stickness is working fine.

Let me describe the behaviour:

Tomcat1 up
Tomcat2 up

I login into the application, so I create a session with tomcat1 so:

Tomcat1 up (my session)
Tomcat2 up

I stop Tomcat1, Tomcat2 assumes the session correctly. [session replication is working]

Tomcat1 down
Tomcat2 up (my session)

I start Tomcat1 again, what should be the behaviour ?

Tomcat1 should get back the session from tomcat2 or not ? is it possible to configure this behaviour ?

On my tests ... after tomcat1 start up... and some clicks on the app, tomcat2 receives the first request and the others are served by tomcat 1 again..

So, tomcat1 is getting the session back. (I didn´t want this to happen,  I wanted that the session stayed on tomcat2)..

I also noticed an
version id 87 matches in-memory version for session yhKzl-nQzxawhiJ9+LcfWA**
error on tomcat2, before tomcat1 starts answering the requests.....

Can anyone help me ?

Do you need more log details/config details ?

I tried  the 4 different isolation levels, and the behaviour is the same...

Thanks !!!

Eduardo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159622#4159622

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159622