[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Remoting and seam app

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 20 18:09:43 EDT 2008

Ok, I think I see.

In general, the Remoting transports each expect a particular kind of transmission over the network.  For example, on the server side the socket transport expects a serialized org.jboss.remoting.InvocationRequest (which wraps the object you're transmitting), and on the client side it expects a serialized org.jboss.remoting.InvocationResponse (which wraps the result sent by the ServerInvocationHandler).  So to use the socket transport you would have to be able to serialize and deserialize Java objects in C.  I wouldn't be surprised if there are utility programs out there to do that, but I don't have any personal knowledge about them.

However, the HTTP transport can send and receive strings, embedded in HTTP transmissions.  So, in principle, your C program should be able to use an HTTP client to communicate with your ServerInvocationHandler.

I don't know if anyone has ever tried it.  If you do and get good results, please let us know.  In fact, let us know in any case.  Good luck!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159692#4159692

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159692