[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Why /portal/portal/myPortal ?

julien@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 23 07:56:13 EDT 2008

the second portal comes from the PortalObjectURLFactory and PortalObjectCommandFactory that are mapped to handle URL mapping of portal objects (pages, windows, etc...) to URLs.

for instance, /portal/portal/default/default can be decomposed into

/portal + /portal + /default/default

which means

- /portal = context path of portal war file
- /portal = mapping of the PortalObject command&url factories
- /default/default = mapping of ViewPortalObjectCommand with id=/default/default

all of this is totally flexible and could be adapted to your needs.

I made the mistake to have a "/portal/portal" in order to remove ambiguity with CMS content which is under "/portal/content".  I could have use "/" as portal object root and use a notion of shadowing (i.e "/content" would present CMS content and shadow a "/content" virtual portal) and I should have done that.

We are keeping that setting as default behavior until now for backward compatibility.

With the presentation framework there will be a new mapping of URLs to portal invocations so it is an opportunity to fix that in 2.8.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159898#4159898

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159898