[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: How to Access EJB over HTTP in remote machine?

robert.geisler do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 24 11:01:09 EDT 2008

hi, ritesh,

you want to access ejb 2.1 through http, ejbs are deployed on machine A within a lan (internal address) and the clients (machine B) get redirected from external address?
if this is correct, i did ithe same some weeks ago. here are the steps i had to go through:* use HttpNamingContextFactory instead of NamingContextFactory,
  | * configure JMXInvokerServlet and EJBInvokerServlet in deploy/http-invoker.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml,
  | * configure container-configuration in conf/standardjboss.xml.try to get known to these first.

second... i looked at your deploy/http-invoker.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml and i would guess that your InvokerURLs (for JMXInvokerServlet and EJBInvokerServlet) are wrong, because you point to your internal address. i think, you have to configure the external address, because the InvokerURL seems to be the address, JBoss will tell the clients to connect to.
try to set the external addresses as the InvokerURLs for the servlets.

and let me know if this solves your problems.
robert

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160260#4160260

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160260