[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Simple Auth for HelloWorld-Example not working...

j0llyr0g3r do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 24 11:21:16 EDT 2008

Hey folks,

my final remark how to achieve the same as above for an EAR:

== Securing access to the EJB-application ==

* Create the file users.properties under /$PROJECT-ROOT/META-INF:

 admin=secretadminpassword
  |  user=secretuserpassword

* Create the file roles.properties under /$PROJECT-ROOT/META-INF:

  |  admin=adminRole
  |  user=userRole

* Add the following annotations to your beans:

 @RolesAllowed("adminRole")
  |  public class SendCommandBean implements ISendCommandRemote, ISendCommandLocal {
  |
  |  @RolesAllowed("adminRole")
  |  public String sendCommand(myArgs...) {

* Add the file jboss.xml to the ejb-subproject under the directory /META-INF

 <jboss>
  |    <security-domain>java:/jaas/myDomain</security-domain>
  |  </jboss>

* Adjust the file login-config.xml under the directory $JBOSS_HOME/server/$PROFILE/conf/

 <application-policy name = "myDomain">

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160272#4160272

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160272