[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - shutdown.bat and cntrl-c not working but web-console and jmx

amast do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 24 14:58:36 EDT 2008

When I run shutdown.bat on Windows nothing is happening(our shutdown.sh on linux works fine).

I have used EVERY flag/parameter in the shutdown class in every possible fashion as described in just about any forum I could find.

The java command is being launched.  If I put in the wrong types of parameters, it barks.  If I echo and run the full java command, it just sits there forever!

I activated the .bat debug line and it just sits at Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8787".

If I hit cntrl-c, it doesn't shutdown, but rather says 'Terminate batch job (Y/N)?" AND regardless of Y/N, it stops jboss.  Nice, eh?

Yet, if I log into the web-console, I can restart from the applet and I can run the shutdown() process from the jmx console.

What is the web-console or jmx console doing that the script isn't?  I merely need to "programatically" stop the service.  I'm losing the only few hairs I have left on my head! :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160323#4160323

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160323