[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - JVM or JBoss cache of DNS? trying to configure mysql-ds.xml

stevejb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 24 17:04:47 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am trying to start a jboss messaging server, connecting to a mysql database. I have my mysql-ds.xml configured with the following line:

<connection-url>jdbc:mysql://int-mysql64-master.mydomain.com:3306/jbossdb</connection-url>

We have a cluster of mysql servers, and we have DNS set up such that int-mysql64-master.mydomain.com always resolves to the master mysql server. Recently, the IP address of our master server changed, and our DNS was updated. For example, I can ping int-mysql64-master.mydomain.com and it resolves to the correct box. However, it seems that when I try to start jboss with ./run.sh -c messaging , it is still trying to connect to the old server, according to the server.log file. Also, even when I make changes to mysql-ds.xml and try to run ./run.sh, it is still trying to connect to the old address. How can I fix this? Is there some cache that I can flush? Is JVM or Jboss caching hostnames? Where are the IP/hostname maps stored, and how can I flush them?

-steve

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160351#4160351

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160351