[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: ClassNotFoundException while calling remote ejb3 across

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 24 18:46:21 EDT 2008

If I understand correctly, what you're asking for isn't going to be solved in Remoting.  The Remoting remote classloading facility is used only to unmarshal classes coming from the server.

But you're up against Java typing.  To be able to use an interface, you would need to refer to it in your client code.  That means that the interface would have to be available to the classloader that loads your client.  In your case, the client is an EJB3, and by doing scoping you're specifically preventing your client code from seeing the other EJB3's repository.

So, as I understand the situation, I don't think you could do what you want to do.  Of course, someone who knows more about this subject might have a better answer.  You could try posing the question on the "Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT" forum (http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=61).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160382#4160382

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160382