[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: trying to increase thoroughput to server, what am I miss

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 24 19:54:09 EDT 2008

Looks like if I want to take this any further I will have to put JMeter on another machine. It is the one doing all of the processing and JBossAS is hardly doing anything.

I am also seeing a lot of kernel time, which usually indicates GC processing. At this time, I let everything run with defaults. Based on past experience, if I tune the heap sizes properly I should see at least another 50% increase in throughput from than. And moving JMeter off the box should get me even more throughput (assuming I can find enough boxes on which to run JMeter, my laptop might not be up to it. Hmm, maybe I can convince my daughter to bring her quad core system over...)

(I also need a new copy of listdlls that works with Vista64. Guess that that kind of thing happens when you are breaking in a new OS...)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160398#4160398

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160398