[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: ClassNotFoundException while calling remote ejb3 across

avogt_sundn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 25 04:13:50 EDT 2008

let me explain  my situation:

i'd like to have ejb behave polymorphic like with plain java classes. I know ONE interface of my ejbs but not ALL -  and i don't need to know them all.

All my ejbs implement one common remote interface. I create ejb instances with a lookup and assign the ejb proxy to a variable typed with that know interface.

Now enters the org.jboss.ejb3.stateful.StatefulRemoteProxy that gets unmarshalled in my ear. That object references all the other remote interfaces of that ejb thus forcing a class loading of these interfaces - which is why i have to supply all these interfaces although i don't use them in code.

As you can see, I dont really want these interfaces to be downloaded anyway.
Its only for the sake of the StatefulRemoteProxy instance. There would be no need to download any classes remotely, because i have the known interface and the known parameter types included in each ear .

What breaks my architecture is the needs of the StatefulRemoteProxy.

Without this i cannot build a factory that is able to instantiate ejbs deployed in other isolated ears.

Perhaps there is some completely other way I cannot think of ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160453#4160453

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160453