[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: trying to increase thoroughput to server, what am I miss

jamicide do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 25 15:57:30 EDT 2008

Hi Peter - I'll try and answer all your Qs here :)

Post #1:

I have tried numerous thread group settings thus far - low numbers of threads w/ many repetitions, high threads w/ many repetitions, various ramp-up times - I still get a max of around 50 /s, be it when running JMeter on my windows machine or on a linux box.

For instance, I just tried 50 repetitions of 60 threads, and the test ran in almost exactly a minute (50/s).

On the JBossAS box (which runs on linux), there are 2 dual-core processors. I have been monitoring the CPU and MEM load on the machine, but not the GC stats. The JVM arguments I use are "-Xms4096m -Xmx4096m -XX:NewSize=1024m -XX:MaxNewSize=1024m -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000".

Post #2:

I use both the Graph Listener and the Summary Report listener, and they seem to more or less be in agreement on the throughput. You say your CPU usage running Jmeter hits 99% - mine never goes about 15-20%? I have a Core 2 Quad processor using Java 1.6.0 on Win XP.

Thanks again!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160654#4160654

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160654