[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: trying to increase thoroughput to server, what am I miss

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 25 18:47:56 EDT 2008

Are you running JBossAS on both Linux and WinXP? And getting the same results?

I assume your Linux is 64-bit (based on the heap settings used - 32-bit is limited to around 2.7GB heaps on Linux and 1.5 on WinXP), am I correct? Which distro?

Are you are running 64-bit WinXP? If only 32-bit, what are the heap settings there?

I suspect that if I reboot into 32-bit XP and use JDK 6 that I will get a higher throughput. Ditto if I reboot into Ubuntu. And I am not changing the default hep settings specified in the run script (heap resizing possibly accounts for much of the kernel time I was seeing.)

I guess I need to see the code for your servlet. My servlet is a simple "hello world" servlet that does no other processing.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160692#4160692

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160692