[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: ClassNotFoundException while calling remote ejb3 across

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 25 19:20:04 EDT 2008

Ok.  It sounds like I misunderstood when I thought you wanted to reference the unknown interfaces *in your code*.  The problem is occurring before you even get there, in the JNDI lookup, right?

It looks like the JNDI lookup is using RMI, so it seems like you want to enable RMI dynamic classloading.  In fact, the Application Server has a WebService MBean that supports RMI dynamic classloading.  See, for example, the JBoss 4 Application Server Guide "Section 10.6. RMI Dynamic Class Loading" at http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r5/html/.  The WebService MBean is configured in ${JBOSS_HOME}/server/${CONFIG}/conf/jboss-service.xml.

Note that to enable RMI dynamic classloading you have to install an RMISecurityManager:

  | System.setSecurityManager(new RMISecurityManager());

By default, the Application Server runs without a SecurityManager installed, so the above code should succeed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160703#4160703

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160703