[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: Passivation false problem

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 26 07:59:35 EDT 2008

"rachna_agg" wrote : But I think Activation is reading data from the database if it is not found in the memory which is the case even when passivation is set to false.

No, that's what the CLI does.  The AI just removes it from the DB if it's superclass (the CLI) has loaded it.  Have a look at the src code if you don't believe me.  ;)

"rachna_agg" wrote :
  | So why Activation is associated with passivation being set to true only and not false?

Because if passivation is false you don't want to remove state from the store when loaded in memory.  You only want to do that when passivation is true.

"rachna_agg" wrote : Also, why the no of "Hits" is always zero even when "CacheLoaderLoads" in "CacheLoaderInterceptor" is increased. Moreover, everytime I retrieve the same record, my no of "Misses" increases" and not "Hits".

Because for some reason the CLI needs to load state from the store again.  Could be because an aggressive eviction policy is removing state from memory before it can be reloaded again.  I'd have a look at TRACE level eviction logs.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160831#4160831

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160831