[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: trying to increase thoroughput to server, what am I miss

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 26 17:20:56 EDT 2008

Ran JMeter on my laptop (dual core AMD) and JBossAS on my desktop (quad core Intel). Laptop showed about 70-80% CPU usage. Desktop barely registered 10% usage. I was getting 333 requests/second.  Hmm, that was using wireless on my laptop. Turned off wireless and used a wired connection. Now my laptop shows 100% CPU (desktop 10-15% CPU) and I got 534 requests/second.

Have you tried running JMeter on the CentOS box? That would at least eliminate the network as a possibility.

In JMeter, when you specify the host, do you use hostname or IP address? How many routers/switches are you going through between the JMeter and JBossAS boxes?

Do other network operations run acceptably on the CentOS box? Things like ftping a large file.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160994#4160994

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160994