[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: JNDI EJB local lookup is ok, but the bean cannot be invo

j2ee4cxw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 27 13:57:12 EDT 2008

jaikiran:

I made minor change to my deployment. The EJB jar used to be deployed to JBoss 4.2.2GA as jar file. Now it is deployed as exploded tree directory structure. I tested the whole process. Again, for jndi remote lookup, everything is fine, while for jnid local lookup it has run time error. How ever the error is slightly different:

10:13:40,932 INFO  [STDOUT] [2008-06-27 10:13:40,932] ERROR (LocalJndiCallAction.java:76) - javax.ejb.EJBException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

////Here is our jndi.properties file
java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces
java.naming.provider.url=localhost:8080/BessyWeb

/////Here is ServiceLocator.java
public class ServiceLocator {
    private ServiceLocator() {
    }
    public static Object getEJB(String jndiName) {
        Object object = null;
        try {
            object = ctx.lookup(jndiName);
        } catch (Exception e) {