[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: JBoss as window service

gan.gary do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 30 02:22:05 EDT 2008

"jaikiran" wrote : anonymous wrote :
  |   | Starting JBoss Application Server 5.0 [2008-06-30 08:49:38]
  |   | 'run.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
  |   | operable program or batch file.
  |
  | Where did you extract the JBossNative zip file? It should be extracted to the %JBOSS_HOME% folder. The JBoss Native has a bin folder which copies new files to the %JBOSS_HOME%/bin folder. Ultimately, the service.bat file should be present in the %JBOSS_HOME%/bin folder.

OMG, I follow the "README-service.txt":
To install the JBoss Application Server as Windows service use
  | the provided service.bat batch file.
  | C:\> cd c:\jboss-5.0.0\bin
  | C:\> service.bat install
You meant copy the content of "jboss-native-2.0.4-windows-x86-ssl\bin" to %JBOSS_HOME%/bin? what about content of "jboss-native-2.0.4-windows-x86-ssl\licenses"?

"jaikiran" wrote :
  | anonymous wrote : System Variables:
  |   | C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_15
  |
  | I would recommend that you move the JDK installation to a folder which does not have a space in its path. JBoss or Java installations in folders having space in their path name run into weird issues. I have my Java installation at C:\jdk1.5.0_15

I knew old JDK has this issue, I thought the JDK 1.5 have fixed it, that's why the installer pointed to that folder?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4161396#4161396

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4161396