[jboss-user] [JBoss/Spring Integration] - Re: JBOSS5 + Spring Deployer version confusion

dlmiles do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 1 12:34:52 EST 2008

"dlmiles" wrote : Caused by: org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBException: Failed to parse source: Failed to parse schema for nsURI=, baseURI=null, schemaLocation=http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd

I converted all my spring-beans.dtd to XSD (both in the web-app itself and all its included JARs from WEB-INF/lib, what a pain!).  My guess on the problem here is that the XML parser is configured by JBoss (as it owns the XML parser and its configuration and supplies it to the JBoss Spring Deployer / Spring Framework).  So I am thinking that either the JBoss Spring Deployer should supply a DTD resolver to the JBoss XML Parser that can locate the DTD from within the spring-beans.jar when necessary or Spring Framework is making presumptions about how the XML parser is already configured before it uses it.

Anyway now moving onto my next problem.

Are all the schemes that spring usually has setup (when running as a web-app in plain Tomcat; not Tomcat under JBoss), are they enabled and functional with respect to JBoss ? In particular the scheme handler for "classpath:"  I have a:

<bean id="propertyConfigurer" class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer">
  |     <property name="location">
  |         <value>classpath:config/application.properties</value>
  |     </property>
  | </bean>

But I'm getting the error:

DEBUG [org.jboss.deployers.vfs.deployer.kernel.BeanDeployer] Parsed file: JarEntryHandler at 28894583[path=Service.ear/Foobar.war/WEB-INF/spring-beans.xml context=file:/data/opt/jboss-5.0.0.Beta4/server/default/deploy/ real=jar:file:/data/opt/jboss-5.0.0.Beta4/server/default/tmp/javatmp/nestedjar19733.tmp!/WEB-INF/spring-beans.xml] to: classpath:/config/application.properties

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4133450#4133450

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4133450