[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - a JSF Validator cannot be cast to javax.faces.validator.Vali

webmascon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 2 17:22:03 EST 2008

JBoss portal is using idenity portlet to register new users and edit profiles for existing users. I added a my own JSF validator to the identty portlet which when opened now throws the following exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.kachanov.test004.validators.MyValidator cannot be cast to javax.faces.validator.Validator
at org.apache.myfaces.application.ApplicationImpl.createValidator(ApplicationImpl.java:613)

The code of my validator is:

package com.kachanov.test004.validators;

import javax.faces.application.FacesMessage;
import javax.faces.component.UIComponent;
import javax.faces.context.FacesContext;
import javax.faces.validator.Validator;
import javax.faces.validator.ValidatorException;

public class MyValidator implements Validator {

public void validate(FacesContext arg0, UIComponent arg1, Object arg2) throws ValidatorException {

System.out.println("testing this validator");
}
}

So please thell me how can it bee that a class that implements Validator cannot be cast to javax.faces.validator.Validator??????

Is in't it against basic design of Java language?

I reported this to JIRA and got this answer:
Not a bug. Please see classloading rules.
It looks like your application embeds JSF libs, while they are already available in JBoss AS.
But I have no idea where to look for solution

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4133519#4133519

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4133519