[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Storing user info on server

jwcone do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 4 22:55:10 EST 2008

After authentication, I want to store some user information on the server, and have that user information available to subsequent calls (e.g. EJB3 session bean methods).  I don't want to have to pass a "user information" object as a method parameter; I want to keep that info on the server and be able to look up the user information based on the authenticated user.

If this was purely a web application, I would store the information in the HTTP session, and look it up that way.  However, my session beans service both web applications and Swing applications that aren't using HTTP.  My first thought was to use a SFSB, but how do I store the stub on the server so that I get the same SFSB instance for a given authenticated user?  I'd prefer this to be an entirely server-side scheme -- I was hoping to look up the user information in an @AroundInvoke interceptor.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4134110#4134110

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4134110