[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Running Seam and JPBM in a separate schema

Bas Rutten do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 5 12:12:17 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm using Seam 2.0.1.CR1 together with JBPM 3.2.2 and JTA. I want to keep the JBPM files in a separate database schema.

I've set up two persistence units (one for my application tables and one for JBPM) and this all seems to work fine; the JBoss 4.2.1 application server deploys my EAR file without any problems, and my jbpm process definition is correctly deployed to the database.

 However, when I try to invoke any function that uses JBPM, I get the following error:

Caused by: org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Could not enlist in transaction on entering meta-aware
  |  object!; - nested throwable: (javax.transaction.SystemException: java.lang.Throwable: Unabled to en
  | list resource, see the previous warnings. tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: -79e42ac2:11ad:47ce
  | d1cd:171 status: ActionStatus.ABORT_ONLY >); - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceEx
  | ception: Could not enlist in transaction on entering meta-aware object!; - nested throwable: (javax.
  | transaction.SystemException: java.lang.Throwable: Unabled to enlist resource, see the previous warni
  | ngs. tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: -79e42ac2:11ad:47ced1cd:171 status: ActionStatus.ABORT_O
  | NLY >))
  |         at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:94
  | )
  |         at org.hibernate.connection.DatasourceConnectionProvider.getConnection(DatasourceConnectionP
  | rovider.java:69)
  |         at org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:423)
  |         ... 140 more
  | Caused by: org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not enlist in transaction on entering me
  | ta-aware object!; - nested throwable: (javax.transaction.SystemException: java.lang.Throwable: Unabl
  | ed to enlist resource, see the previous warnings. tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: -79e42ac2:1
  | 1ad:47ced1cd:171 status: ActionStatus.ABORT_ONLY >)
  |         at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager.managedConnectionReconnected(TxC
  | onnectionManager.java:343)
  |         at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.reconnectManagedConnection(Ba
  | seConnectionManager2.java:518)
  |         at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.allocateConnection(BaseConnec
  | tionManager2.java:399)
  |         at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2$ConnectionManagerProxy.alloca
  | teConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:842)
  |         at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:88
  | )
  |         ... 142 more
  | Caused by: javax.transaction.SystemException: java.lang.Throwable: Unabled to enlist resource, see t
  | he previous warnings. tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: -79e42ac2:11ad:47ced1cd:171 status: Act
  | ionStatus.ABORT_ONLY >
  |         at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager$TxConnectionEventListener$Transa
  | ctionSynchronization.checkEnlisted(TxConnectionManager.java:744)
  |         at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager$TxConnectionEventListener.enlist
  | (TxConnectionManager.java:577)
  |         at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager.managedConnectionReconnected(TxC
  | onnectionManager.java:337)
  |         ... 146 more

I'm not sure what goes wrong here but it seems I cannot open a transaction or connection to the database that contains the jbpm files.

I tried to change the "isTransactionEnabled" attribute in the jbpm.cfg.xml file from "false" to "true" but if I do this Seam complains that I should change it back to "false".

My question: is it at all possible to use Seam + JBPM + JTA and have the JBPM data stored in a separate database schema? If so, how do I need to configure the configuration files like "jbpm.cfg.xml"???

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4134342#4134342

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4134342