[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - upgrade to WTP 2.0.2 breaks EAR deployment in JBoss Tools 2.

erimag do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 6 03:38:45 EST 2008

I have verified this behaviour in two separate installations of Eclipse:

1. Install a fresh Eclipse Europa (eclipse-jee-europa-fall2-win32)
2. Install JBoss Tools 2.0.0GA via update site
3. Create Seam Web Project (deployed as EAR)
4. Verify that deployment to JBoss AS 4.2.2GA works
5. Run "Search for updates of the currently installed features"
   -> upgrades Eclipse to WTP 2.0.2
6. Try to deploy same Seam Web Project as EAR to JBoss AS 4.2.2GA.
   -> deployment fails.

Specifically, none of the JARs specified by "J2EE Module Dependencies" in the EAR-project's properties are included in the EAR. Prior to the update to WTP 2.0.2, they were included.

If someone else can please confirm this, I'll post an issue on JIRA.

Hypothesis: WTP 2.0.2 overrides some settings made by JBoss Tools regarding EAR deployment?

Test: I'll try doing the update before installing JBoss Tools.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4134481#4134481

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4134481