[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: SSL and native libraries

squ1rr3l do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 6 10:42:24 EST 2008

"fastbob" wrote : I tried an experiment. I commented out the SSL connector and things worked (except for SSL, of course).

  | But I found the cause of the problem. I took a closer look at the installed packages on fedora. Tomcat was installed as part of the system packages (probably by me), and as soon as I removed the tomcat-native package, the native library was not loaded. SSL started working.
  |
  | Bob

Same thing here.  Apparently, there is a problem with the native libraries.  I have had a lot of problems getting SSL enabled for any Win32 apr-based libraries.

In this case, I had everything working on a Windows 2003 server.  Then I applied the native libraries (from http://labs.jboss.org/jbossweb/downloads/jboss-native/?action=a&windowstate=maximized), and SSL died.  Same errors that you specified:
10:23:42,564 WARN  [Connector] Property strategy not found on the protocol handler.
  | 10:23:42,580 WARN  [Connector] Property clientAuth not found on the protocol handler.
  | 10:23:42,580 WARN  [Connector] Property keystoreFile not found on the protocol handler.
  | 10:23:42,580 WARN  [Connector] Property keystorePass not found on the protocol handler.
  | 10:23:42,752 INFO  [AprLifecycleListener] Loaded Apache Tomcat Native library 1.1.12.
  | 10:23:42,845 INFO  [AprLifecycleListener] APR capabilities: IPv6 [true], sendfile [true], accept filters [false], random [true].
  | 10:23:44,408 INFO  [Http11AprProtocol] Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-172.25.141.151-8080
  | 10:23:44,424 ERROR [Http11AprProtocol] Error initializing endpoint
  | java.lang.Exception: No Certificate file specified
  |         at org.apache.tomcat.jni.SSLContext.setCertificate(Native Method)
  |         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint.init(AprEndpoint.java:683)
  |         at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol.init(Http11AprProtocol.java:107)
  |         at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initialize(Connector.java:1073)

I have had similar issues trying to get LDAP over SSL working in Windows using the Apache ldap modules, which also rely on APR and APRUtils Win32 binaries.  I've posted messages to the APR-dev mailing list, but they sent me to the Apache-dev list, and the issue was pretty much just ignored there.

I imagine there is somebody that knows what's going on with this, but I can't figure it out.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4134608#4134608

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4134608