[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - web.xml

hAck3d do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 6 14:53:46 EST 2008

Version: JBoss4.0.5GA
I'm using static HTML error pages for redirecting any errors to a customized error page. For some reason, the JBoss is not redirecting to the static pages, rather showing the default HTTP error message. Also, I'm using BASIC authentication, instead of FORM based authentication.
The following code is part of my web.xml file.

<login-config>
    <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
    <realm-name>backoffice</realm-name>

  </login-config>

   <!-- static error HTML pages -->
   <!-- HTML errors: 400,401,403,404,408,500,503,505,508 -->
   <!-- start here -->
	<error-page>
	<error-code> 404 </error-code>
	/error/error404.html