[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - optionoverrides and DataVersion

nnnnn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 6 17:11:56 EST 2008

It's possible that optimistic locking and using OptionOverrides to tweak optimistic locking to do some things that we want to do.  However, it seems like the fact that the way that the DataVersion is set for an attribute (using global OptionOverrides) is not thread safe at all.  From the documentation:

 E.g., to override the default node versioning used with optimistic locking:

  |             DataVersion v = new MyCustomDataVersion();
  |             cache.getInvocationContext().getOptionOverrides().setDataVersion(v);
  |             Node ch = cache.getRoot().addChild(Fqn.fromString("/a/b/c"));

This seems completely useless except for single-threaded applications.  Am I wrong?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4134692#4134692

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4134692