[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Help with strange JSF <h:messages> behavior

NM-156 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 7 09:32:40 EST 2008

Local JBoss server 4.2

Hi. I am displaying error messages via the <h:messages> tag, but this strange prefix shows up on the message when it's displayed:

j_id_jsp_1488097600_1:formField3: Validation Error: Value is less than allowable minimum of '5'

How can I suppress the j_id_jsp_1488097600_1:formField3: prefix, and what causes the extra verbage to be displayed? Do I have something specified incorrectly? The tag in my JSP looks like this:

<h:inputText id="formField3" value="#{maintForm.formField3}">
<f:validateLength minimum="5"/>
</h:inputText>

My faces.config has the following entry where I have application.properties in that package with my messages:

<resource-bundle>
<base-name>mypackagename.application</base-name>
msgs
</resource-bundle>

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4134860#4134860