[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Doing BMP with EJB3. JNDI problems?

JGF1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 7 17:09:05 EST 2008

"ALRubinger" wrote : I'm not familiar with this book, but I'm not sure about it's aims for you. :)

  | Application 1.4 is for JEE1.4 == EJB2, Application 5 is for JEE5==EJB3.
  |
  | S,
  | ALR
My aim is to become familar enough with Java EE to hopefully get a job at some point. In the book they show BMP and describe there may be instances when you need to resort to this such as a database that doesn't support JDBC, or legacy database.
I hope I don't need to do this too often, as it seems an awful lot of effort..
But they say EJB3 is still backwardly compatible with EJB2 for the BMP part.
For me the book didn't cover in enough detail the reason for all that XML plumbing and the relationship between all the artifacts.
If you know of a good online reference for this type of stuff, so I can get a better insight, I'd appreciate it.
I'm hoping the typo in the DTD for application was the reason JNDI lookup wasn't working.
I'm going  to have to dig a little deeper to understand the relationship between EJBObject, EntityBean and EJBHome base classes/interfaces.

I am particularly interested in understanding the correlation between the ejb-jar.xml entity node and the getStockHome method in StockListBean and how it relates to JBoss.
I'll try redeploing everything with the fixed application.xml and see if it makes more sense...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4134997#4134997

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4134997