[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: MDBs not getting messages after long run

mpr_prabhu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 8 19:18:59 EST 2008

Strange.
We finally traced back the hanging/n delivery of messages to Message expiries.

We set out message expiries to 5 seconds and during certain times our application would be working so hard (It is processing messages at 250 TPS) that expired messages would buildup in our queues.

However we do not see any messages in the Expiry queue (or small no of messages)

At some point Container stops delivering messages altogehter resulting in pileup.
-- Our suspicion is Container is never getting to newly arrived messages also and hence resulting in expiry of all messages

It was easy to simulate once we found this to be the cause.
We set message expiry to 500 ms and pumped in at about 100 TPS with service processing time of about 150 ms.
Container delivered abuout 50 messages and not even single message after that.

We are putting in a workaround to set our messages to never expire.
However would consider this as a defect in JBM as I expect it to handle it more gracefully and clean up expired messages or ensure these do not affect new messages

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4135119#4135119

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4135119