[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - context variables not being persisted

mabogunje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 10 11:41:02 EDT 2008

I have jbpm set up using the in memory HSQL DB. I have written a simple unit test creating process variables on the context instance loke so :

ProcessDefinition definition = jbpmContext.getGraphSession().getProcessDefinition(Long.parseLong(instanceTO.getTemplateId()));
ProcessInstance instance = new ProcessInstance(definition);
ContextInstance contextInstance = (ContextInstance) instance.getInstance(ContextInstance.class);
contextInstance.setVariable(name,"name");
contextInstance.setVariable(test,"test");
jbpmContext.save(instance);

However when I load the instance again, those variables do not exist. Debugging into my code I find that when the variables are created they exist in a transientInstances list while the instances list remains null.

I dont know why these variables are not being persisted. any ideas ?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4135347#4135347

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4135347