[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: reading didn't help

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 10 11:46:28 EDT 2008

One thought, based on your description of what happens when your run run.bat. You might be running into the findstr issue (see http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=FindstrCommandNotFound).

If that is the case, you can either follow the instructions provided in that link, or comment out these lines in the run.bat:

rem Add -server to the JVM options, if supported
  | rem "%JAVA%" -version 2>&1 | findstr /I hotspot > nul
  | rem if not errorlevel == 1 (set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -server)

(I am not sure why some people do not have findstr in  their XP installation. Are you using XP Home by any chance?)

If that does not work, comment out the "@echo off" statement at the start of run.bat and post the output when you run run.bat.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4135350#4135350

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4135350