[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: clustered messages stuck on queues

dave_lund do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 11 08:22:25 EDT 2008

Unfortunately our application works much much faster if it can process say 100 messages in a batch. See below a little snippet of example code:

  | List<Message> messages = new ArrayList<Message>(maxLimit);
  | Message msg;
  | MessageConsumer receiver = session.createConsumer(queue);
  | while(messages.size() < maxLimit && ( msg = receiver.receive(1000)) != null){
  | 	messages.add(msg);
  | }
  | receiver.close();
  | //process batch
  | session.commit();

I will make sure that I double check GC next time we have this issue as we used to use a hotwired GC in jboss4.0.X before we upgraded to Jboss4.2.2. But I am sure(ish) we've looked and rule GC out.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4135589#4135589

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4135589