[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Serious classloader bug in LoadMgr3

m.hiemstra do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 12 11:33:42 EDT 2008

Hi All

I am using jsf in my website that is running under Jboss. At a certain point aI got an error saying that a class could not be found. It turned out this happened in the following class:
org.jboss.mx.loading.LoadMgr3.beginLoadTask(LoadMgr3.java:212)

It read the source and I saw that in that class someone decided to use Class.forName which is a terrible, really terrible thing to do in a web enviroment especially under Jboss. The context class loader should be used ant NOT class.forName.

I found out that this bug that has existed for over 2 years now. Can somebody please explain why nobody has solved this? I searched the forums and the Internet but found no solution.

Thanks in advance,
Martyn

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4136000#4136000

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4136000