[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: FetchInMemoryState && InitialStateRetrievalTimeout

jorgemoralespou_2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 12 14:24:48 EDT 2008

We need to assure that the data that is not evicted is accesible from both nodes of the cluster.

We have a big ammount of data in cache, so start up time is very high, if we do an initial state trasfer. We were trying to test if disabling initialStateTransfer and allowing the cache to get state as time passes by, getting it from the other node was a performance point to take into account, wheter it was for better or for worse. We supposed that startup time should have been much better, but instead of this, it gets stuck, while loading, and loads lots of info from the other cache, but not all.

We don`t know if this is the correct configuration to use for what we are trying to achieve. Right til`now, it was fine, but we faced an unexpected startup problem in production when we had lot of data, that we had to evict in order to start it up again, until we changed our app to take initial State transfer right. It was safer than changing this we didn't fully understand right at the momment.

Thanks, Manik

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4136066#4136066

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4136066