[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Process archive deployment and Maven

drakecallahan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 12 14:49:03 EDT 2008

I am trying to figure out the preferred approach to deploy workflow processes.  We will have several workflows defined (by developers) and will use jBPM embedded in our application.  I have created a sample and have successfully deployed the XML workflow process programmatically.

        JbpmConfiguration jbpmConfiguration = JbpmConfiguration.getInstance();
        ProcessDefinition definition = ProcessDefinition
                .parseXmlResource("processdefinition.xml");

        JbpmContext jbpmContext = jbpmConfiguration.createJbpmContext();
        try {
            jbpmContext.deployProcessDefinition(definition);

        } finally {
            jbpmContext.close();
        }

To isolate the workflow definitions, it seems preferrable to define the workflow in a seperate project to create a deployable .par file (rather than creating the process definition by parsing the XML). Can anyone weigh in on the benefits of taking this route?

We use Maven2.  Can anybody provide a sample pom.xml file to build a .par project?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4136077#4136077

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4136077