[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: FetchInMemoryState && InitialStateRetrievalTimeout

jorgemoralespou_2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 13 05:43:28 EDT 2008

"manik.surtani at jboss.com" wrote : Ah, I see your problem - don't preload the root node ("/") in your CacheLoader.  Let all the data load lazily.
>From what I see in the docs:
anonymous wrote : preload allows us to define a list of nodes, or even entire subtrees, that are visited by the cache on startup, in order to preload the data associated with those nodes. The default ("/") loads the entire data available in the backend store into the cache, which is probably not a good idea given that the data in the backend store might be large.

and

anonymous wrote : fetchPersistentState determines whether or not to fetch the persistent state of a cache when joining a cluster. Only one configured cache loader may set this property to true.

So it seems to me that this 2 parameters should be mutually exclusive. I mean, if I preload "/" then setting fetchPersistentState makes no sense. And if I set fetchPersistentState, then preload makes no sense.

Now I don`t know what should be the correct way to go.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4136230#4136230

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4136230