[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: page to page communication

nareshshah do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 13 09:28:32 EDT 2008

Julien,

I did few work around  and able to do Page to page communication with few parameter as string. Here is the relative url i have put inside achor tag

<a  href="<%= childURL.toString()+"/DestinationPortletWindow?action=2&myparameter="naresh"%>"><%= childName %>

if you see the href part of the above anchor tag

childURL: is a PortalNodeUrl of the destination page(PageB).

DestinationPortletWindow: is name of the window which doView() is going to execute.

action: is parameter which diffrenciate between the RenderRequest or ActionRequest.
if action =1 , this url is going to call processAction()
if action =2, doView() is going to call. In this case it is going to call doView().

myparameter: is  the parameter you want to send to the destination portlet. if you want more parameter , append parameter to end of the url.

get the parameter in portlet as
renderRequest.getParameter("myparameter")/actionRequest.getParameter("myparameter");

But still it has few limitation:

1. I can not pass the object other than the string in this way.
2. I have to get destination Page url  on PageA.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4136284#4136284

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4136284