[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Performance Issue with large chunk of data retreival.

vashistvishal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 13 23:26:48 EDT 2008

Guys,

I would like to get some opinion on performance issue we are facing.

1. We have a 2/3 tier J2EE application where we are using Struts, SLSB and just JDBC (wrapped in DAO's) in Jboss 4.04 on Windows, to extract data.

2. There are few reports which requires atleast for 2/3 years of transaction data where every day we add 300-500 records in DB.

When we run these specific reports we get out of memery error.
We can see why, it happens at Jdbc layer more often.

Question is:
1. First How do you find the bottleneck in a system like this, any recomended specific tool.

2. How would you change/structure the specific DAO's in question to scale it (getting data of 10,00 records or more)

3. Any other appraoch, like removing JDBC wrapper DAO and using hibernate or caching..

Any suggestions...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4136507#4136507

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4136507