[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - JbpmException: couldn't delete timers for process instance

wootenator do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 14 09:50:29 EDT 2008

I have a very straightforward jBPM prototype where I am using hibernate,and tomcat abd SQL Server database.

I get this error sometimes on the second invocation of the same ActionHandler within a graph. I'm just prototyping now. My action handler just makes an update to a text field in the database depending on the object that is passed into the aciton handler.

I'm reading about timers and right now I am not using a timer in the prototype. I'd almost like to disable them or do something within the action handler to make sure they are not causing this exception do I can continue with the developmetn of my prototype.

The exception comes after the third processInstance.signal() that would take the process to transition to the thrird node in the graph (counting the start node).

The graph is below:
public static ProcessDefinition getTaskProcessDefinition() {
JbpmConfiguration jbpmConfiguration = null;
ProcessDefinition processDefinition = null;

try{
    processDefinition =
         ProcessDefinition.parseXmlString("<process-definition name='processManualTask'>"
      + "	<start-state name='start'>"
      + "		"
      + " </start-state>"
      + "	"
      + "		"
      + "	"
      + "	"
      + "		"
      + " 		"
      + "		"
      + "		"
      + "	"
      + "	"
      + "		"
      + " 		"
      + "		"
      + "		"
      + "	"
      + "	<end-state name='End' />"
       + "</process-definition>");
	} catch(Exception e) {e.printStackTrace();
        }
 try{
     HttpSession sess = FrameworkServices.instance().getSession();
     JbpmContext jbpmContext = (JbpmContext) sess.getAttribute("jbpmctx");
     if (jbpmContext == null) {
           jbpmConfiguration = JbpmConfiguration.getInstance();
           jbpmContext = jbpmConfiguration.createJbpmContext();
           sess.setAttribute("jbpmctx", jbpmContext);
       }
      System.out.println("saving process instance");
      ProcessDefinition definition = processDefinition.createNewProcessDefinition();
       ProcessInstance processInstance = definition.createProcessInstance();
       jbpmContext.save(processInstance);
       Session session = (Session) sess.getAttribute("hibsess");
        session.flush();

        System.out.println("process instance saved!!!!");

       }catch(Exception e) {e.printStackTrace();
     }

	return processDefinition;
}

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4136684#4136684